By Ron James | WDSD Reporter
Veteran restaurantuers Michael and Victoria McGeath's newest effort, Brooklyn Girl Eatery is now open for business.
The McGeaths, previously owned Trattoria Acqua in La Jolla, and the pioneering Gaslamp restaurant Fio's.
The Goldfinch Avenue restaurant's culinary efforts will be in the hands of executive chef Tyler Thrasher who worked at Oceanaire and Jsix. This willl be his first time at helm of a restaurant.
Brooklyn Girl plans to serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, although lunch is some weeks away, accoding to Victoria. The sleek industrial space has high cielings with and eclectic collection of art, including a wall of inset Barbi Dolls. Located within the main dining room is bar that sports locally produced beers on tap and an "extensive and affordable" wine list. Off the main dining room is a "chef's pantry" that offers Brooklyn-centric culinary goodies and daily selections of prepared, to-go salads, pasta, sandwiches, and entrees.
4033 Goldfinch Street
San Diego, CA 92103
TELL WDSD WHERE TO GO!
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
- Good News for Craft Beer Distilled from Brewers' Conference
- Holiday season -- time to stock the wine cupboard
- Sabuku Sushi: a Finer Grade of Fish
- MONDAY NOVEMBER 28
- Addison at The Grand Del Mar Makes the Top 100 List for Best Restaurants for 2011: LA and SF Shut Out
- Waddling Into the Sunset
- Miguel's Cocina in Carlsbad: An Affordable Fiesta
- EVENT ARCHIVE
- Details Emerge About Burlap - The Restaurant
- An Amtrak & Avis Wine Country Weekend